Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Want My Music Television vol. LXXX


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Thinking ‘bout Somethin’ - Hanson



I wonder if Hanson, the original pre-pubescent trio of brothers, can make a comeback since that is back in vogue with the Jonas Brothers. Granted the Jonas Brothers have never written anything as catchy as MMMBop. And they certainly haven’t made a video as entertaining this one featuring one Hanson brother as Ray Charles, another as a Blues Brother, and the third as, um, is that supposed to be Zac Efron circa 17 Again? John Travolta in Grease? Oh yeah, and a hair straightened “Weird Al” Yankovic on tambourine.


You and Your Heart – Jack Johnson



Naturally the new Jack Johnson video would feature him surfing, but I wonder what was harder, lip syncing while riding the waves or doing it backward for Sitting, Waiting, Wishing.


Drunk Girls – LCD Soundsystem



You would think a video for a song called Drunk Girls would features less creepy dudes in panda suits and more, well, inebriated females, but not when Spike Jonze is directing a video.


Wheels – Jamie Cullum



When I saw the wheel at the beginning of the video I thought, “Sweet, Jamie Cullum is going to play in the middle of a Murderball match.” Unfortunately there was one solitary wheel for a reason, but the unicycle routine was kinda cool, but not as cool if it had been a Murderball game.


No comments:

Post a Comment