Monday, June 15, 2009
Summer officially starts next week so I thought I would break out some “Summer” themed songs for this month’s lyrics quiz. As usual, place your guesses in the comment (or e-mail me), both artist and song title, and if you are correct I will un-bold the lyric. Now onto the quiz:
1. Nobody on the road, nobody on the beach. I feel it in the air. (The Boys of Summer - Don Henley; guessed by Tony)
2. Around about this time the telephone blew its horn across the room. Scared little Annie clean out of her mind and I tell ya.
3. Man we were killing time, we were young and restless. We needed to unwind. I guess nothing lasts forever. (Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams; guessed by Tony)
4. When you’re on a holiday, you can’t find the words to say all the things that come to you. And I want to feel it too. (Island in the Sun - Weezer; guessed by Tony)
5. Wandered through the valley of the shadow of the dead stumbled round this old sundial, there these words I read.
6. The weather is hot and girls are dressing less and checking out the fellas to tell them who’s best. (Summertime - D.J. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince; guessed by Rebekah)
7. Two peas in the same pod, yes we are. Or have I read too much fiction?
8. Blowing through the jasmine in mind. (Summer Breeze - Seals and Croft; guessed by Rebekah)
9. The Midwest farmer’s daughters really make you feel alright. (California Girls - The Beach Boys; guessed by Tony)
10. When I’m a walking, I strut my stuff. (Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes; guessed by Tony)
11. In the shade of willow tree, creeps are crawling over me. Over me and over you. (Staring at the Sun - U2; guessed by Rebekah)
12. You come from Georgia where the peaches grow. They drink lemonade and speak real slow.
13. Well she’s deceiving me, it cuts my security. She’s got control of me. (Sunglasses at Night - Corey Hart; guessed by Tony)
14. Whenever I’m with him something inside is still burning and I’m filled with desire.
15. Twenty-five years ago they spoke out and they broke out of recession and oppression.
16. See me once, see the way I feel. Don’t discard me just because you think I mean you harm. (Don't Let the Sun go Down on Me - Elton John; guessed by Tony)
17. My friends the communist holds meeting in his office. I can’t afford his gas. So I’m stuck here watching TV.
(Soak up the Sun - Sheyrl Crow; guessed by Rebekah)
18. Well the streetlights shine down on Blessing Avenue. Lovers they walk by, holding hands two by two. (Girls in Their Summer Clothes - Bruce Springsteen; guessed by Tony)
19. It’s the morning and just we two. I’ll stay with you darling now, I’ll stay with you till my seas are dried up. (Sunshine of Your Love - Cream; guessed by Rebekah)
20. When the weather’s right you got women, you got women on your mind. Have a drink, hav a drive, go out and see what you can find. (In the Summertime - Mungo Jerry; guessed by Rebekah)
21. Little darling, their smiles are returning to their faces. (Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles; guessed by Rebekah)
22. Now every time I go for the mailbox I have to hold myself down. (Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves; guessed by Rebekah)
23. All around, people looking half dead. Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head. (Summer in the City - The Lovin' Spoonful; guessed by Rebekah)
24. The shadows are on the darker side. Behind those doors, it's a wilder ride.
25. Making love out by the lake to our favorite song. Sipping whiskey out the bottle, not thinking about tomorrow. (All Summer Long - Kid Rock; guessed by Tony)