Thursday, January 29, 2009

Playing the Percentages vol. III


It is time for another rousing round of Playing the Percentages, again along for the ride is the good people from TV on the Brain. If you want to play the home game, just drop your thoughts in the comments or leave a comment on a question you would like to be answered at a later date. Now let us play the game where I will play the role of the Joe Torre with Jo playing the role of Alex Rodriguez.

What chance do you give to the Arizona Cardinals upsetting the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Scooter: As a Browns fan I want it to be 100% but from a practical standpoint, I always take great defenses over great offences. What the Cards have going for them is that no one has stopped Larry Fitzgerald in the playoffs and the Steelers CB are their Achilles heel, and one of Ben Rothlisburger’s worst game of his career came in his last Super Bowl appearances (that they should have lost because he in no way crossed the plain of the goal line on that QB Draw). So I will give the Cards a punter’s chance at 40%.
Jo: In the Super Bowl, anything is possible. But before the divisional playoffs, I emailed Scooter and told him that it'd be the Steelers over the Cardinals by two touchdowns in the Super Bowl...so I'll have to stick with that. I'll give the magic touch to the Cards at 25% likely.
Scooter: She did and I am now glad that I did not respond by mocking her for doing so.


What are the chances that viewers will be satisfied with the Lost series finale?

Lost on iTunesScooter: I lost faith in the show (cheesy pun intended) around they killed off the Token Hot Chick, so on a personal level I really do not have high hopes that I will be satisfied come June 2010. But the writers will have has two and a half seasons top conclude everything they want to get down, so barring the show fading to the blank during a random scenes, all the principles end the series in jail, or the whole story turns out to have taken place in the snow globe of an autistic kid, I’ll say 60% of watchers will be satisfied, I doubt I’ll be one of them.
Jo: As a newly converted Lost watcher, I feel like the writers let the show's plots get away from the in the second season. As a result, it'll be near impossible for them to tie everything up by the end. I feel like this will a great Sopranos debate all over again, with 50% of the Lost fanatics satisfied and 50% irate by what will probably be a vague ending.


What chance does Dollhouse have of getting a second season?

Scooter: If I were a Vegas line maker, I would put the Over/Under at 5 episodes; so I would put the odds of the show getting to finish it’s first very low being that it is in the Friday death slot where every sci-fi shows has been one and done on FOX (and anyone who is at home should be watching Friday Night Lights at 9:00). But since Eliza Dusku somehow managed to get a second season out of Tru Calling I’ll go as high as 18%.
Jo: Wait, is this Whedon and Fox? 0%.

No comments:

Post a Comment