A plethora of cool press releases have been flooding my inbox recently that you may find interesting. This post will include blurbs on Flight of the Concords, Christmas in Washington, Ron Howard, Momma’s Boy, Howie Does It, Spyder, and Dallas Austin.
- Coming back in the New Year is HBO’s Flight of the Conchords on January 18 at 10:00. As the press release goes: In celebration of this momentous event, Mel -- Bret and Jermaine’s (married, obsessive, terrifying) number one superfan -- would like to extend an invitation to all her fellow Conchords fans, an opportunity to video yourself lip-synching to "Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros."
Here’s what you do -
1.) Learn "Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros" by downloading the official MP3 from http://www.flightlipdub.com/
2.) Video yourself lip-synching the song.
3.) Upload your video to http://www.flightlipdub.com ! The best clips will be edited together to make a final "Fansterpiece" which will air on HBO.
- I was supposed to participate in a tele-conference with Julianne Hough earlier this week but sadly it had to be canceled. All the well anyways because I would have spent most of my questions hitting on her. It was to promote next Wednesday’s Christmas in Washington on TNT at 8:00. Also serenading George Bush for the last time as president will be Casting Crowns, Hootie’s Darius Rucker, a capella group Straight No Chaser, and chest bumber Kristin Chenoweth.
- Coming up Monday December 29 on Turner Classic Movies is Ron Howard: 50 Years in Film starting at 8:00 which followed by Ron in Grand Theft Auto at 9:30 while his directed A Beautiful Mind comes on at 1:00 with The Journey following that at 3:30 which also stars Ron.
- In a story I broke yesterday, Momma’s Boy is coming to an NBC affiliate near you and it is disturbingly a concept take from I Love New York. But you cannot expect quality or creativity when the show was created by Ryan Seacrest, the guy behind all those crappy reality shows on E! Okay it is slightly different as the show puts three mothers in the house of thirty-two potential daughter in laws as they date their sons. The show premieres Tuesday 16 at 10:00. And here is Ryan and his momma talking about the show:
- Next on the How Does Ben Silverman Still Have a Job docket is Howie Does It, a prank show by Deal or No Deal host Howie Mandell where sometimes he pulls the prank as himself or sometimes Howie goes ingocnido. The show premieres Friday January 9 at 8:00. Check out a clip below:
- If you caught C.S.I. Miami this past week, you may have seen The Spyder which was featured in the episode. Head over to SpyderRyder.com to connect with other Spyder aficionados.
- If you are interested in some interesting music (to say the least), Dallas Austin is offering up some of his remixes on his MySpace page. Check out remixes of everything from Nirana’s In Bloom to Kanye West’s Love Lockdown.
- Also let me remind you there is still pleny of time to submit your top 10 favorite songs (in order) to the 9th Green Readers Poll. And for those that get theirs in before Christmas, you can win a gift card to Amazon or iTunes to those with valid US account to those stores (but those that do not are still welcome to send their top 10).