Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Feed Your iPod vol. XI: Wu-Tang Clan Ain’t Nuthing to F’ Wit


I planned on reviewing the new Wu-Tang Clan album today but unfortunately I haven’t yet hunted down a copy of 8 Diagrams yet, so instead I thought I’d wax poetic about my favorite Wu song, the appropriately titled Wu-Tang Clan Ain’t Nuthing to F’ Wit. Since my formative years were during the nineties, Wu-Clan was a requirement for any suburbanite. In a time when rap was getting more and more polished, the Clan was still as gritty as the slums of Shaolin where they called home and none were grittier than this song.

The song featuring one of my favorite pop culture references of all time, “I’m causing more family feuds than Richard Dawson.” And the song has been a mainstay on my workout playlist for years. The song was most recently hilariously used on Chappelle’s Show for Wu-Tang Financial with the RZA hyping up bonds and stuff and old people chanting the chorus (which is sadly missing from YouTube). Certainly a must have for any hip-hop fan, although if your are not a fan of the genre or expletives in general you may not want to download the song or even watch the video below.

Wu-Tang Clan Ain’t Nuthing to F’ Wit - Wu-Tang Clan Wu-Tang Clan - Legend of the Wu-Tang - Wu-Tang Clan's Greatest Hits - Wu-Tang Clan Aint Nuthing ta F' Wit



No comments:

Post a Comment