Friday, July 21, 2006

When They Own the Information They Can Bend it all They Want


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I though I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. I advise you to watch them before you read my reviews if you don’t want me to spoil things. If you are interested in buying the video click the title (where available), if you just want a song follow the link in the analysis.

Jurassic 5 - Work it Out




So I have ripped people for piling on President Bush lately because I’m just bored of it all and quite frankly most of it isn’t at all entertaining. Well enter with the best political commentary since the stolen election. Granted they could have done a better job casting as the dude really don’t look that much like Bush, and I wasn’t sure if the other old white dude was Dick Cheney or Karl Rove until he had a heart attack. As we learned from Arrested Development, there is nothing funnier than a dude on a Segway. And yes, if you missed the iPod screen, that is the namesake of the Dave Matthews Band singing the chorus and I believe the drummer is also on the track. But like I said earlier, piling on Bush just isn’t funny because really, they can’t top what the man does himself like this David Letterman Top 10 List (keep in mind this is even before the German Chancellor back rub incident):




Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was a Punk Rock Girl with Flowers in My Hair




Okay, I hope you ignored the extremely cheesy title, because the song by newcomer is really catchy. In a measure of full disclosure, I must admit that she does give two (inadvertent) shout outs to me in the song one being the dude who originally song the flower in your hair song is my namesake (my other name, well that may just be a coincidence) and the other you will just have figure out yourself, which I doubt you will.


John Mayer - Waiting on the World to Change




Not a proper video nor the full song, but John Mayer’s first single is am early contender to top the Best Songs of 2006 list. The album Continuum won’t be out until September, but you can download the song in iTunes now see the ad below. But if you are cheap, or like me and will wait and buy the entire album when it comes out, you can stream the song on his website .

Apple iTunes

2 comments:

  1. All I gotta say is that I didn't vote for him... Shakes my head...

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a measure of full disclosure, I actually voted for him, but just once.

    ReplyDelete