Wednesday, January 04, 2006

First Impressions - Flavor of Love


Ladies, if you have a massive tattoo across your breast, you may be eligible to be on season two of Flavor of LoveEven though I typically don’t set out to watch VH1’s so called Celebreality, some how I think I’ve seen every minute of Hogan Knows Best and the other shows that don’t quite qualify for guilty pleasure due to that none are exactly pleasurable unlike, say, . Then again, no one who stars in these shows really qualify as a celeb. But this past Sunday saw the première of the new season of has been line-up with the third reality show for Flavor Flav in as many years. Due to my soft spot for anything I decided to turn into the first episode even after the disaster that was named Strange Love.

So after striking out with in the last show, Flav has decided to go the root of The Bachelor to pick his next love, and by next love I mean his next baby’s momma for his latest reality show, Flavor of Love. Which I believe would make four, but I think even Flav has lost count. But at least he isn't an NBA player because then four would be low. And the show is such a blatant rip off of the ABC former juggernaut, I have a feeling Flav’s next reality show for VH1 will follow the rapper and into the courtroom after impending lawsuit if finally filed.

There are a few variations that might be brought up in court. For one instead of roses, Flav hands out his trademark oversized clock necklace while telling the lucky lady “You know what time it is.” Those unfortunate women instead are ushered out while Flav lets them know “Your time is up.” Sad thing is that they probably paid some marketing firm massive amount of dollars to come up with those taglines. As for the other variation, um, well, I really can’t remember any. Well except where The Bachelor recruits remotely classy woman who may just be three shots and a free t-shirt away from appearing on Girls Gone Wild, the woman on Flavor of Love look like small town strippers who think that guys find massive tattoos, knife wounds, and stretch marks sexy. If there could be anything that resembles entertainment on the show, it may be seeing how each girl try to out slut the others.

Verdict: Pass, although I bet just like the past Celebreality shows, I will end up seeing every second eventually because VH1 will show it again and again. If fact I think I’ve seen the show five times since Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment