Tuesday, August 01, 2017

I Want My Music Television: 8/1/2017



Talking to Myself - Linkin Park


I still remember vividly the first time I ever heard Linkin Park. I had an office job back in college crammed into a small room with two other departments. One of my office mates asked if she could turn on internet radio, which was in its very early stages back ten. I said fine, and when she turned it on, the first thing blaring over the speakers was some dude screaming, “Shut up! Shut up when you’re talking to me!” My first response was, well that was not very nice. She was embarrassed to admit to liking the song but said she forgot about that part of the song. I overcame this horrible first impression and actually ended up owning two of their album and Bleed it Out is one of the greatest workout songs ever recorded.


Sorry Not Sorry - Demi Lovato


There was one song off of Demi Lovato’s first album I actually kind of liked (the title track) but since then she has been a mainstay on my Worst Songs of the Year lists, usually very high. So I was not expecting much when she released a new single. Except, I actually kind of liked it. I has a English pop retro vibe to it (the good kind as much English pop is as bad an American pop) instead of her usual trashy pop she has done recent. And she weirdly looks like Olivia Munn in the hot tube scene.


Fetish - Selena Gomez feat. Gucci Mane


At the end of the Bad Liar video, Selena Gomez teased a continuation. Except Fetish turned out to be a nonsensical weird video that had nothing to do with the previous one. And the song is not very good, maybe my least favorite of her singles. At least video will not be continued.


Loyalty. - Kendrick Lamar feat. Rihanna


I kind of wish Kendrick Lamar spent the whole video on the asphalt quicksand set, that was a cool trick.


No comments:

Post a Comment