I have gotten a plethora of cool press releases have been flooding my inbox recently that you may find interesting. This post will include blurbs on Maroon 5, True Blood, Shark Wranglers, Comic Con, The BET Awards, Dallas, The Franchise, Full Throttle Saloon, Guinness World Records Gone Wild, Men at Work, Eve 6, Melanie Oudin, Mike Tyson: Unduisputed Truth, Ready for Love, Seventeen, and Redbook.
- Maroon 5 released their latest album earlier this week and earlier this month marked the 10 anniversary of their debut album Songs About Jane (for those that it does not feel like a decade since it was released, keep in mind Harder to Breathe did not become a hit until late 2003 and subsequent hits like This Love and She Will Be Loved were not released as singles until 2004) and it got a rerelease with a bonus second disk featuring demos of all the songs, for previously unreleased new songs and an alternative mix of The Sun. It is interesting to hear the demo because some are unrecognizable until Adam Levine starts singing, but nothing spectacular if you already own the original version of the album.
- A new episode of True Blood is coming your way this Sunday on HBO and you can take a sneak peak below:
- New show alert! Premiering this Sunday at 10:00 on History is Shark Wranglers. The series chronicles the most ambitious shark expedition in history - tracking down the world’s most deadly – yet threatened – sharks, maneuver them onto the cradle of their 126-foot boat in rolling waters, and tag each one – by hand. Their goal is 50 sharks in 40 days – a near impossible mission that will test the team’s resolve as they battle through every conceivable setback. Check out a promo below:
- For those heading out to Comic Con this year, make note that Falling Skies will be returning this year for a panel on Friday, July 13 at 4:30 in room 6BCF with an autograph signing at the Dark Horse booth at 6:00. Given the day, I will spend most the day hiding inside the confines of my house.
FX also comfirned their line up recently: Thursday, July 12, Wilfred, FOX Booth Signing – 1:30-2:30pm; Panel – 4:00-5:00pm; Room: Indigo (Hilton Bayfront). Moderator: Alan Sepinwall (HitFix). Archer, FOX Booth Signing – 2:45-3:45pm; Panel – 5:00-6:00pm; Room: Indigo (Hilton Bayfront). Moderator: TBD. Sunday, July 15, Sons of Anarchy: FOX Booth Signing – 1:30pm-2:30pm; Panel - 2:45-3:45pm: Room: Hall H. Moderator: Lynette Rice (Entertainment Weekly).
- The BET Awards are this Sunday and they announced a couple more presenters including Jamie Foxx, Quentin Tarantino, Tyler Perry, and Laz Alonso. The festivities are set to start at 8:00.
- It looks to be a hot one on the Fourth of July and if you do not want to brave the heat for the barbecue or fireworks, TNT will be airing all four episodes of Dallas starting at 5:00 leading up to an all new episode at 9:00 where you will learn juts what Rebecca confesses to Christopher (or builds a bigger lie depending how you look at it). Then at 10:00 on dallastnt.com, Jesse Metcalfe (Christopher), Josh Henderson (J.R. Jr.), and executive producer / writer Cyntia Cidre will be joining Cameron Mathison for the Dallas Round-Up post show.
- It should be an interesting season of The Franchise with the Miami Marlins thanks to outspoken manager Ozzie Guillen (who made some controversial Castro comments already this season. You can check out a preview below:
- If you are a fan of TruTV’s Full Throttle Saloon you will be happy to learn that it has been renewed for a fourth season.
- Also expect a new show coming to Tru-TV soon as Dan Cortese (yes, the MTV Sports guy) is set to host Guinness World Records Gone Wild which will look at the crazy lengths people will go to break a record.
- In other renewal news, Men at Work got renewed for a second season while the first season is set to end July 12.
- If you are on hand at the Olympics Track and Field Trials in Eugene, Organ today, at 5:00 Eve 6 will perform at TrackTown Plaza. Admission is free and open to the public.
- American tennis star Melanie Oudin recently took to YouTube to share some of her favorite Yoga poses. Check it out below:
- If you are unable to see the one man show Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth in its original run July 31-August 5, you are in luck because thwy have added six addition shows going through Sunday, August 6. A limited number of tickets are still available at telecharge.com.
- NBC has ordered up another dating show. Ready for Love is set to premiere Winter 2012-13 where preeminent matchmaker Amber Kelleher-Andrews, relationship author Tracy McMillan and professional dating coach Matthew Hussey will help Ben Patton, an international financier from Dallas; Tim Lopez, a member of the popular music group Plain White T's from Santa Barbara, Calif., and Ernesto Arguello, an entrepreneur with a social vision from Miami, the chance to find their soul mate.
- Pretty Little Liars’ Shay Mitchell will be covering the August issue of Seventeen on newsstands July 3.
- While on the Redbook August cover on Newsstands July 10, Anna Paquin opens up on her impending motherhood.