Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Feed Your iPod vol. XXXXI: Just Ain't Gonna Work Out


When coming up with a list of anything that is 100 deep, I can understand how daunting it is to digest it and you may overlook things that you do not recognize it. If that was the case for my list of The 100 Best Songs of 2009 and you just skimmed over Mayer Hawthorne at #55 because he hasn’t gotten much radio airplay, here is hoping you give a look at him today and see why his soul-infused song landed on the chart. And I am still just getting to know him myself because I never checked out the video for Just Ain’t Gonna Work Out until writing this up leading to these two reactions, 1) I really should have had this on my 50 Best Music Videos of 2009 list and 2) what, dude’s white? Either way, here’s hoping Mayer gets his breakout in 2010.

Just Ain’t Gonna Work Out – Mayer Hawthorne Mayer Hawthorne - A Strange Arrangement (Bonus Track Version) - Just Ain't Gonna Work Out



No comments:

Post a Comment