Monday, April 14, 2008

Win, Speed Racer, Win


I am not the biggest fan of turning cartoons into live action movies but despite all my gripes, Hollywood continues to ruin my childhood. The latest being Speed Racer. But MTV is currently running a contest threw April 18 where you can win a $100,000 tricked out Corvette. Here is how you can enter:

1. Entries must be made by text on their website, http://www.raceforspeedracer.com/ (by entering your phone number and carrier) or by texting “fast” to 90736.
2. On April 18th, participants will be notified how to answer a “Speed Racer” trivia question via text.
3. They must answer the question within 2 minutes to qualify.
4. 10 winners will be flown to premiere in Los Angeles to race (mini cars) for a car inspired by “Speed Racer”.

Below are some pictures of the car:

Speed Racer Car 1Speed Racer Car 4Speed Racer Car 5Speed Racer Car 6
Speed Racer Car 3


1 comment:

  1. Very nice car!!! As for cartoons gone high-tech movies, they always look great but the plot is generally weak. I love Christina Ricci though so just for her I'm gonna go see it. she's very active in this Anti Abuse group RAINN and did a nice interview on www.nonprofitshoppingmall.com. Perhaps I'll just support her cause when I buy the dvd online at Amazon.com. We will see...

    ReplyDelete