Thursday, November 16, 2006

I Like This Show, it’s Tawdry


Best still of the whole episodeSince is on hiatus, I’ve decided to go with a new name for my analysis so I wouldn’t have the “Lost vs. Veronica Mars” title for three months despite there being no Lost over that time. As for the title, it obviously a reference back to the pilot episode and has always been one of my favorite quotes and one I use quite frequently in my every days life and works for almost situation, just take out “case” and insert anything, in this instance “show.”

Ronnie: I'd hit thatAs for the latest episode, Of Vice and Men, it was as great an episode can be that didn’t feature Dick or Parker. But you really can’t beat starting an episode with a straight from the shower in boxers Ronnie. Really, how can she fault Piz for staring? And you gotta love the look everyone gave Vee when they needed someone to help the chick from Much Music (fun fact: She was up for the role of Parker) as she quickly became the go to helper in college much like at Neptune High. Although it was odd that Ronnie did this case pro-bono. If Piz was upset about the friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend I can’t imagine he was too happy that some random chick got her services for free and took his bed at the same time.

Slow dancing in a burning roomThe case itself was just your run of the mill wild goose case but at least some of the spots along the way were fun, specifically Ronnie’s return to The River Stix. I didn’t know if I should have been scared or laughing when Liam picked Vee up to “dance.” And Merle picking up the bottle was just the topping on the cake. And it was nice to see Vinnie do something redeemable and not self severing for the first time in the series. I was also glad that the Fitzpatricks show up again because I never thought they would be ones to let the whole Not-Kendall thing end like it did especially when they knew Keith was involved. Granted it still has been left unresolved although I wonder if Vinnie is still under retainer after his stunt.

End of my seatAs for the end sequences, they were some of the best of the series. I not convinced that the person we saw last night was the rapist, you’re not going to shave a chick’s hair before you rape her (granted this backs up Not-Lucky’s no DNA thing and maybe there were never rapes in the first place). I’m betting that it was just Nish who was backing up her threat to make Ronnie pay. And now for my far out there theory of the week: The R.A. Yes Mr. Frak himself. He has access to the dorm rooms; he’s the only dude with a small enough frame that would match the person in the parking lot, and let’s face it, dude’s probably not that lucky with the ladies.

Then there were the previews for next week, which for the third week in a row hints at a Ronnie/Logan split. Seriously end it already. I never liked the coupling in the first place and have the break up be teased for almost a month straight is just making it worse. And am I the only one who thinks we haven’t learned the whole truth about the trip to Mexico. Mercer said to Vee that Logan had a good reason not to tell anyone about the trip. Maybe he’s in debt to him also. And with a title like The Lord of the Pi’s it’s safe to assume that Ronnie will be looking into Chip Diller’s debt next week. And hopefully that means more Dick. And who doesn’t (heart) Dick?

2 comments:

  1. I *heart* Dick! I'm with you, I just want the whole Veronica/Logan thing to end already. And I also think there's more to the Mexico story. Logan running away from the scene of a fire with Mercer is not "stand-up" but I bet it's going to be kinda twisty where he really DID do something nice and Veronica will have again jumped to the wrong conclusion and it will be too late for them to repair the damage. Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands.

    I was happy to hear that VM got the nod for three more episodes. Would have been nice to get a full season, but I'll take what I can get. Maybe that's why everything is being drug out. We were supposed to know who the rapist was by this episode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I have plenty of time on my hand too. I've even compiled a long list of potential rapist with pros and cons on if they did it.

    I'm sure you heard, but if you hadn't, The CW ordered up 7 more episode bringing the number of episodes to 20. Hopefully they will still get the last two if the numbers go up now that Dancing with the Stars is done and the possibility of House moving.

    ReplyDelete