Monday, January 30, 2006

I So Love the Drama


Finally my constant emails have been answered and now I can actually download my favorite episodes of Laguna Beach into iTunes. Okay that opening was a bit of sarcasm but sadly for those that can’t get enough of the drama, MTV, along with Comedy Central and Nickelodeon, are starting to put up selective show in iTunes at $1.99 an episode. It should be interesting to see if any of the shows sell well because these channels are known for showing the episodes ad nausea. If someone misses The Gauntlet 2 tonight, are they really going drop two dollars when the show will be repeated about twenty times before the next episode air? And most of the shows are already available on DVD and I’m not sure who would want to buy a specifics episode instead of buying a whole season of the show on DVD except if you are a fanatic of someone who was Punk’d. Comedy Central actually seems to try to combat that by having episodes of Drawn Together up on iTunes days before they debut on the channel. Here’s a list of new shows available threw iTunes (to access, click the SNL ad in the sidebar and click on the TV Shows tab)

Comedy Central:
South Park Seasons 1&2
Drawn Together Seasons 1&2
Best of Comedy Central Stand-Up

Nickelodeon:
Spongebob Squarepants Season 1
Dora the Explorer Season 1
Zoey 101 Seasons 1&2

MTV:
Beavis and Butthead (selections from the Mike Judge Collection vol. 1)
Laguna Beach Season 1
Wonder Showzen Season 1
Gauntlent 2
My Super Sweet 16 Seasons 1&2 (possibly the worst show ever to air on TV)
Jackass vol. 1
Punk’d Seasons 1-3

The N:
South of Nowhere Season 1



Speaking of iTunes I was surprised last week when I opened up my feed that tells me what the top 25 most downloaded songs were when it had multiple songs by people I’ve never heard of. So I opened up the music store to investigate only to find all of the songs were part of a made for TV musical on the Disney channel. Over a week later, half of the top ten downloaded songs are still from the soundtrack, and as a whole, has had a stranglehold as the number one most downloaded album. I think it’s safe to say the music business is still in a downswing if a made for TV musical from a cable channel is dominating thing. For those interesting in discovering real music, iTunes is offering a video from The Today Show of new artist who has an album, Eyes to the Telescope, coming out next Tuesday. It's somewhat hard to find, but if you wait in the main music store page, there should be an ad that comes up at the very top of the page.


No comments:

Post a Comment