Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Do You Realize That Everyone You Know Someday Will Die?


Not gonna happen, Lois and Clark are safeIt seems as if the amount of deaths of major characters on television shows have gone up significantly in the last couple years. Death on TV seemed few and far between when I was younger but it’s gotten to the point where we see one about once a month. The latest will be on the next episode of where “someone close to Clark will die.” Usually I like to stay away from spoilers but when the show has been hyping it at every commercial break, it’s really had to do (see how much I hate spoilers here – Spoiled). Luckily I have stayed away from finding out who dies so here I bring to you the odds of who will be knocked tomorrow night:

Clark, Lex, & Lois (nil) – Not going to happen even though Clark technically already died this season and Lex has been fatally shot twice in the last three episodes and averages about four near deaths each season. The trio will be showing up in the movie next year and the WB wouldn’t let a silly television show confuse people.

How could kill off a girl this hot?Martha (100-1) & Jonathan Kent (95-1) – Both also show up later in Superman lore with Martha making the Superman costume. The only why that either would die would be if Annette O’Toole or Bo Duke decide to leave the show. Jonathan is slightly higher due to connection to the election.

Lana Lang (25-1) – Her odds would have been higher because I thought no show would kill off the token hot chick, but with the death of the token hot chick on , it puts Lana’s mortality in question. But if she is the one to die maybe she can star in a straight to Cinamax movie with the token hot chick from Lost. Mmm, maybe I should root for her to die. But anyways.

Lionel Luther (10-1) – The only character that I consider disposable because the elder Luther hasn’t done much this episode. The only reason he isn’t the frontrunner is that it’s been advertise that “someone close to Clark will die” and Lionel doesn’t necessarily fit that description.

In the words of a wise man, 'your time has come'Chloe Sullivan (3-2) – The only main character created solely for the series so they can easily get rid of her without any major uproar from the comic book geek community. Plus the last friend who learned Clark’s secret was quickly moved out of town and off the show.


Feel free to place your bets in the comment section (assuming you don’t already know the outcome, please don’t ruin it for the rest of us). Also I currently working on a post for the new CW channel where I will tackle many question like is the merger a good thing, what shows should, and ultimately will end up on it, and a few suggestion. That should be up on either on Friday or Saturday, tomorrow will be my usual Thursday Toss Up between Veronica Mars and Lost who will go head to head with new episodes for the first time in about two months. I may even throw in my first album review of the year this weekend too.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't actually read your post due to all of this years smallville being on my Tivo unwatched.
    I would like to say that they went backwards when giving us Lois though in my opinion.
    You can't have a hotty like Lana and then give us Lois :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I waver between Lana, Chloe or Jonathan...

    And I've not been spoiled on it and I intend to not be.

    ReplyDelete