Tuesday, March 05, 2013

I Want My Music Television - 3/5/13



There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Mama’s Broken Heart – Miranda Lambert


I kind of miss Desperate Housewives while watching the new Miranda Lambert music video. Well, not really.


It's Alright - Matt & Kim


Whenever a new Matt and Kim music video is released, you know you are going to get something creative but the synchronized swimming in the bed is not their best idea. Though I did like the ode to the Dougie.


Chameleon/Comedian – Kathleen Edwards


My jaw dropped when the first knife went through Kathleen Edwards, but by the definitely laughing by the time the saw went into her side. Though I was a bit disappointed when the arrow did not go through her head as an homage to the old Steve Martin bit.


Only a Clown – Caitlin Rose


Whenever these artists go with the filmed in the eighties camcorder look, I always wonder if they actually use an old camcorder or just add the squiggly line at the bottom and other effects in post. But anyway. Caitlin Rose drops her new album today and it is worth giving a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment