Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I Want My Music Television - 2/19/13




There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

Stubborn Love - The Lumineers


This seems like a combination of R.E.M.’s Everybody Hurts (minus the subtitles) mixed with Wax’s California (minus the burning man) but I wished there were more of The Lumineers in it.


My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light Em Up) - Fall Out Boy


I am not sure anyone was clamoring for a Fall Out Boy reunion but here it is (it is more welcome than the second or third Limp Bizkit reunions). Laughably they are titling their upcoming album Save Rock n Roll as in, Fall Out Boy Save Rock n Roll. Um, apparently they missed the memo that the genre was already saved but The Black Keys, Mumford & Sons and Jack White (I guess they skipped the Grammy’s). In fact they, and all the horrible whiny emo boy bands that followed were the reason rock n roll needed saving. And despite only sporting a singular chain, I am told that is 2 Chainz in the video. Too bad George Michael beat Fall Out Boy to the burning memorabilia on film by twenty-five years.


Two Black Cadillacs - Carrie Underwood


Carrie Underwood is quite attractive, maybe even more than the good girl version.


Now - Paramore


What happened to the eyebrows of the chick from Paramore? That look is just freaking me the frack out.

No comments:

Post a Comment