Thursday, November 12, 2009

I Want My Music Television vol. LXVIII


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

Chasing Pirates – Norah Jones



It hard not to think of the Monty Python skit from The Meaning of Life while watching the new Norah Jones video. And listening to song it sounds like hanging around with all the rappers he has latly has made her music slightly less boring.


Somebody to Love - Leighton Meester featuring Robin Thicke



It really too easy to take pot shots at actors who try to sing, but Leighton Meester’s attempt my go down in the annals of time with Joey Lawrence and Brian Austin Green as one of the worst. And I haven’t been this uncomfortable watching a music video since Fiona Apple’s Criminal.


Oh My God – Ida Maria featuring Iggy Pop



How do you follow up a song with the best title of the year (I Like You So Much Better When You’re Naked)? Well you can’t. But Ida Maria recruiting Iggy Pop for a video is decent enough.


True Player for Real – MC Lars



Videos don’t get better than having a sock puppet version of “Weird Al” Yankovic. Thank you MC Lars, whoever you are.

2 comments:

  1. I've actually heard of MC Lars. I have 2 of his songs "igeneration" and "signing emo". They have some creative lyrics, but nothing too special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, "creative lyrics, but nothing too special" sums up this song too. But at least it has a Weird Al sock puppet.

    ReplyDelete