Monday, November 09, 2009

The Best New Shows of Fall 2009


Every year in August and September we are bombarded by best new shows of the fall list which can be daunting. Add to that those list are typically only based on one episode of which the second one typically isn’t filmed until months later. That is why every November a corral up a cabal of television bloggers to see what live up to the hype and what what was a big a let down as the new Weezer album (*cough* Flash Forward *couch*). Then I throw in their ballots into my patent pending algorithm which so advanced that Sarah Palin accused it of being Communism. Here are the results and places to catch up if you missed the shows:

1. Glee (5) – Fox – Amazon VOD - Hulu

Glee on iTunes


2. Modern Family (2) – ABC - Amazon VOD - Hulu

Modern Family free on iTunes


3. Vampire Diaries – The CW – Amazon VOD - Stream

Apple iTunes


4. Community – NBC – iTunes - Amazon VOD - Hulu

5. Cougar Town – ABC - iTunes - Hulu

6. V – ABC – iTunes - Amazon VOD - Hulu

7. White Collar – USA - iTunes - Amazon VOD - Hulu

8. The Good Wife – CBS - iTunes - Stream

9. Mercy – NBC - iTunes - Amazon VOD - Hulu

10. The Middle – ABC - Hulu

Numbers in parenthesis denote first place votes
Voters: Dan, Kath, Kim, Sandie, Scooter, TV Fan, Vance


In a measure of full disclosure, here is my ballot:

1. Modern Family – ABC
2. Mercy – NBC
3. Community – NBC
4. Trauma – NBC
5. Rescue Ink Unleashed – National Geographic Channel

And in one last television tidbit, let me remind you that you still have until Sunday to enter in The Prisoner Contest where I am giving away one DVD and one Blu-Ray set of the classic series.

3 comments:

  1. Is it bad to admit that I've only seen one of these shows? Vampire Diaries. But I'm obsessed with that show like crazy. I think it was good timing and casting on their part. Good stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to pass on Vampire Diaries because I am getting a little tired of "good" vampire stories (well that and I am way too old and male to be watching anything on The CW). And I have always found these two hundred year old dudes picking high school girls a little creepy. It's like Chris Hansen should be getting involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I never thought of that. Now you have changed my perception of that show! Chris Hansen should make a surprise appearance. LOL

    ReplyDelete