Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Want My Music Television vol. LXI


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Heartless – The Fray



Kanye West cannot be happy that The Fray did a better version of his than he did and their animated video is better too. Of course this is why Kanye should leave emo to the professionals. You don’t see The Fray dropping a rap mixtape do you?


Give Me the Meltdown – Rob Thomas



Rob Thomas has made some of the most mediocre music of the past fifteen years, but dude does have a sense of humor that I learned second hand when I asked the other Rob Thomas about how much he hated Matchbox 20 jokes (see No, Not that Rob Thomas). Another case in point, this faux YouTube-style music video.


Little Bribes – Death Cab for Cutie



There is just something about the lyric, “The Eiffel Tower built to a smaller scale; the freshest oxygen I ever inhaled” from the latest Death Cab for Cutie song.


Wanted – Jessie James



When I reviewed the debut album from Jessie James (see The Rebel Moon Is Shining) I called Wanted “disposable as disposable pop can get (although any red blooded American male won’t get tired watching the video.” Well here is said video for all the red blooded American males out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment