Monday, February 02, 2009

Super Bowl Shuffle 2009


If I were a conspiracy theorist (which I am not, just a biased Browns fan who was programmed since birth to hate the Steelers) I would point out that every questionable call just happened to be called in favor of the Pittsburg Steelers and there was such an egregious hold on the winning touchdown that a Steelers’ lineman pulled up a Cardinals’ lineman shirt over his head hockey style. But I am not, so I won’t.

I will say that once again the game well outshined the commercials which most likely have the economy to thanks with less big name celebrity cameos and big special effects. The most disappoints has to the 3-D of Aliens vs. Monsters, So-Be, and Chuck preview which pretty much like 2-D but with the added bonus of a headache. I may have to skip Chuck’s episode tomorrow and hope they stream a 2-D on Hulu.

The most surprising to me had to be G.I. Joe, a movie, much like Transformers, I wanted to avoid at all cost to avoid Jerry Bruckheimer from ruining my childhood (and that A-Team movie better not get off the ground either, unless of course Mr. T gets to play B.A. Baraccus) but the trailer drug me in before the title screen came around.

And if I learned one thing from the Super Bowl is that NBC only airs shows on Mondays. God forbid they air a promo for the football-themed Friday Night Lights during the biggest football game of the year instead showing that extremely lame Doing Alright Monday Night promo three times (with that said, more Token Hot Chick dancing please). No wonder they are dead last in the ratings. And if I were a midseason replacement (besides Medium), I’d be irritated that Jay Leno gets a spot but I don’t. The unemployment rate is reaching 10% yet Ben Silverman isn’t part of it yet? But anyways. Here is the best (and worst) commercials:

Best Commercials
1. Bridgestone Tires: Mr. Potato Head
2. Audi: Jason Stathem
3. Pedigree: Maybe You Should Get a Dog
4. G
5. Doritos: Luck
6. Priceline: Negotiator
7. Monster: Moose Head
8. Pepsi: PepsGuber
9. Coke: Avatar
10. H&R Block: Death and Taxes


Best Trailers
1. Year One
2. Up
3. G.I. Joe
4. Duplicity
5. Race to Witch Mountain


Worst Commercials (or Biggest Waste of a Million Dollars)
1. Careerbuilder.com: Repeat
2. E-Trade: Babies
3. Go Daddy: Enhancement
4. Visio
5. Jay Leno
6. Fast and Furious
7. Pepsi: Dylan
8. Castrol: Monkey
9. Cheetoes: Ugly Side of Town
10. Bud Light: Conan

No comments:

Post a Comment