Saturday, December 23, 2006

Worst Songs of 2006


It’s no secret that the Top 40 radio is dieing off thanks to shrinking playlists and more specialized stations. So in honor of that I present to you the 40 Worst Songs of 2006. And you know you have compiled a list of some crappy songs when Kevin Federline doesn’t crack the Top 10. It’s disturbing how many of the “artist” on this list come from reality television (for those keeping track at home, fifteen songs were from reality stars which beats out songs that “feature” by one) showing that record executives are too lazy to find nor market good artists. And not surprisingly the same artists that topped the Worst Albums of the Year list do the same here taking up three of the worst three songs of the year. Download these songs from iTunes at your own risk and feel free to let me know what songs of the past year that you dislike in the comment section:


1. Nothing In This World - Paris Hilton
2. About Us - Brooke Hogan featuring Paul Wall
3. London Bridge - Fergie
4. Stars Are Blind - Paris Hilton
5. Wind it Up - Gwen Stefani
6. I'm N Luv (Wit a Stripper) - T-Pain featuring Mike Jones
7. My Love - Justin Timberlake featuring T.I.
8. I Write Sins Not Tragedies - Panic! at the Disco
9. Fergalicious - Fergie
10. Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
11. U & Ur Hand - Pink
12. Show Stopper - Danity Kane
13. Lose Control - Kevin Federline
14. Lips of an Angel - Hinder
15. Come to Me - Diddy featuring Nicole Scherzinger
16. Do I Make You Proud - Taylor Hicks
17. Stupid Girl - Pink
18. The Real Thing - Bo Bice
19. Invisible - Ashlee Simpson
20. Goodbye My Lover - James Blunt
21. Ms. New Booty - Bubba Sparxxx featuring Mr. ColliPark & Ying Yang Twins
22. The Kill - 20 Seconds to Mars
23. Shoulder Lean - Young Dro featuring T.I.
24. Hood Boy - Fantasia featuring Big Boi
25. Control Myself - LL Cool J featuring Jennifer Lopez
26. Chain Hang Low - Jibbs
27. Let U Go - Ashley Parker Angel
28. It's Goin’ Down - Yung Joc featuring Nitti
29. Land of Confusion - Disturbed
30. Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It - Dem Franchize Boyz featuring Peenut & Charlay
31. SexyBack - Justin Timberlake featuring Timbaland
32. Maneater - Nelly Furtado
33. Hate Me - Blue October
34. What's Left of Me - Nick Lachey
35. I Belong to Me - Jessica Simpson
36. Sideline Ho - Monica
37. Unpredictable - Jamie Foxx featuring Ludacris
38. So Excited - Janet Jackson featuring Khia
39. Hanging On - Cheyenne Kimball
40. Buttons - Pussycat Dolls featuring Big Snoop Dogg

10 comments:

  1. Anything dome after 1990 was bad lol.

    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nooooooooooooope
      1990 and 1991 may have been terrible music years, but there have been some honest-to-god amazing songs to come out of the years to follow, along with a slight increase in the saturation of bad ones. There were bad songs in the 1980s and 1970s, too, but people fail to remember that because of the science behind nostalgia.

      Delete
  2. As far as I am concerned, "Goodby My Lover" or anything by James Blunt can top the list for eternity.

    I thought I would like more songs, but only really disagree with SexyBack, Maneater and What's Left of Me (It's shameful but I love me my Nick Lachey).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monique, I will say this, SexBack and What's Left of Me are good kareoke fodder. As for Maneater, even thought I'm a big Nelly Furtado fan (mostly because of her 1st two albums), I can't stand Maneater, maybe because I was hoping the song would be a Hall and Oates cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I thought that "Hate Me" and "Lips of an Angel" weren't bad songs, just songs that I didn't happen to like very much. But thank you for clearing that up. And thank you so much for hating Panic At The Disco as much as I do.

    I had actually forgot that some of these songs even existed - surprising, because I thought that the radio had permanently stuck "Stupid Girls" in my head.

    You seem to have forgot "Unfaithful" by Rihanna, which is one of the only songs on my Worst Of list that's not on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lips of an Angel is one of those song that was okay the first time you hear it but gets annoying with every subsiquent listen.

    I wish I forgot all of these songs ever existed, in fact that's the New Years Resolution.

    I really don't hate Unfaithful although don't expect it to be be high on my Best Songs list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that Hate Me is a song that you really have to live to understand, and identify with. My husband loves it for the same reason I despise it - we've lived opposite sides of the song.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I personally Liked quite a few of the songs ( # ' s 3,5,6,7,9,12,21,23,28,30,31,37,&38) on the worst list but after hearing some of them for a while they do tend to get on your nerves such as My Love and Fergalicious. The one song you forgot was Chicken Noodle Soup that was one of the WORST songs ever created.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of these songs are favourites of mine :O

    Luckily people's taste differ, and that makes life interesting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brandy, it's not a living thing for me, the dude's voice is just extremely annoying.

    Mr(s). Anonymous, though I've heard of the song I've luckly never actually heard the Chicken Noodle Soup song thus the reason it wasn't included here.

    ReplyDelete