Friday, December 22, 2006

Worst Albums of 2006


Throughout the last twelve months I have reviewed over a hundred albums and sadly some of them were not exactly good thanks to record executives using non traditional ways to find new artist in recent years like reality shows. Plus they unwisely thought that just because an artist had a lot of friends on MySpace means that they can make good music. Now my list is only of albums that I reviewed since there way too many American Karaoke contestants that didn’t even win releasing albums and the My Chemical Romance album was so bad I couldn’t even make thought the whole album. So here’s the worst of the worst and if you are interested in reading my original review, click the link below the album, the album link goes to iTunes if you enjoy torture:

1. Paris - Paris Hilton

Since I'm Already Screwed, Here's a Message to You

2. Undiscovered - Brooke Hogan

Musings from the Back 9: VH1 Reality Albums Edition (third item)

3. The Dutchess - Fergie
Toss Up: Clay Aiken vs Fergie

4. Taylor Hicks - Taylor Hicks
I Got My Degree in Crying

5. I’m Not Dead - Pink
It's Hypocritical of You

6. Playing with Fire - Kevin Federline
I'm Kevin Federline, America's Most Hated

7. A Thousand Different Ways - Clay Aiken
Toss Up: Clay Aiken vs Fergie

8. FutureSex/LoveSounds - Justin Timberlake

Go 'Head Be Gone with It

9. Danity Kane - Danity Kane
Musings from the Back 9: Music Edition (second item)

10. What’s Left of Me - Nick Lachey
Musings from the Back 9: Music Edition (forth item)

11. Cassie - Cassie
It's Not that Deep

12. The Sweet Escape - Gwen Stefani
This Sounds like Disco Tetris

13. Press Play - Diddy
I'm from the Eighties NYC Five Percent of Culture

14. On an Island - David Gilmour
It's Just the Dice You Roll

15. The Day Has Come - Cheyenne Kimball
This Is Gonna Rock Until it Rolls

16. Blowin’ Up - Jamie Kennedy & Stu Stone
Goodnight Michelle

17. B’Day - Beyoncé
I Could Have Another You in a Moment

18. A Public Affair - Jessica Simpson
If You Want to Impress a Hick Then Make it Go Tick

19. In My Mind - Pharrell
I Know this Part Ain't Pretty but You Know I'll Be Busy

20. We Don’t Need to Whisper - Angels & Airwaves
Everyone Will Listen Even if it Hurts Sometimes

21. The Phoenix - Lyfe Jennings
Musings from the Back 9: Music Edition (third item)

22. Goodbye Alice in Wonderland - Jewel
I’m Embarrassed to Say the Rest Is Rock n Roll Cliché

23. The High Road - JoJo
Your Chance Has Come and Gone

24. Bat Out of Hell III: The Monster Is Loose - Meat Loaf
There Were Moments of Gold and Flashes of Light

25. Release Therapy - Ludacris
Musings from the Back 9: Music Edition III (first item)


5 comments:

  1. Hey "Scooter"...what's the name of your album? I'm interested in hearing it. It must be far superior!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Scooter,I question Your critiquing..
    Because You don't even know the proper title of the song..
    The name of the song is "The Runaround"
    I happen to Love this guy's music, he is a multi talented performer and humanitarian..
    Go see him in concert,You won't be disappointed..
    Wishing You & Yours a Merry Christmas.
    Best Wishes for the New Year.
    Have a "Taylor-rrific Holiday"
    Soul Patrol
    Holiday Hugs
    ShirleyDee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this reminded me: have you or will you be reviewing the Rock Star Supernova album? I want to know exactly how bad it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry no Rock Star Supernova, personally I really didn't want to know how bad it was. Actally come to think about it, I don't even remember it being released. That should say something about the quality of the album.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, unfortunately there is one glaring contradiction throughout the entire thing. None of that actually counts as music.

    ReplyDelete