Friday, August 05, 2005

Here Come the Judge vol. II


In an interesting turn of events, it appears that Supreme Court nominee, John Roberts, helped gay rights activist win a landmark Supreme Court decision. I can't imagine that this will sit well with the religious fanatics. Add this to the story he is possibly anti-abortion which irritated the fanatics faction of the Democratic Party should make for an interesting conformation hearing. Now if only they can link Roberts to Long Dong Silver. And since I'm a big fan of pissing off fanatics on both sides, I'm beginning to like Roberts more everyday. Now if only I can find out his stance on Eminent Domain. For more on this story check out:

In private practices, Robert's record is mixed
Court NomineeAdvised Group on Group Rights
And my original take -
Here Comes the Judge

1 comment:

  1. Scooter, I think some would classify me as a radical, I'm not, I only play one on the internet. About the fringe getting angry that Judge Roberts once did legal work for a plaintiff in a case concerning some issue with gay rights. I believe everyone has a right to the best legal representative they can get. It is unfortunate that some would fault Judge Roberts for some of his legal advice to anyone. The law is the law and should be applied equally and fairly. What irks me sometimes is that a poor person gets the shylock lawyer and the rich gets the best there is. There should be some way to see that everyone gets good representation. Court appointed lawyer that sounds bad to me every time I hear it. No, you can't judge a person by one small portion of their life, or a least we shouldn't. But we are human. Judge Roberts will make an excellent Supreme Court justice. Probably chief justice at some future time. What’s with the hanging on ‘til the absolute end, that Rehnquist seems to be doing? If I was sick and near death, I wouldn't want to get up and go to work each day.

    ReplyDelete