Sunday, July 31, 2005

The Best of INXS


One show you will not catch me watching this year is Karaoke Star: INXS for the same reason I don’t watch American Karaoke: if these singers had any real talent at all, they would have a record contract already. And here are 20 other reasons why that chronicle the best INXS, with the irreplaceable Michael Hutchence, had to offer. This album clocks in at 75:46.

1. The One Thing - Shabooh Shoobah
2. What You Need – Listen Like Thieves
3. Need You Tonight – Kick
4. Mediate – Kick
5. New Sensation – Kick
6. Devil Inside – Kick
7. Never Tear Us Apart – Kick
8. The Stairs – X
9. Disappear – X
10. Bitter Tears – X
11. Suicide Blonde – X
12. Heaven Sent - Welcome to Wherever You Are
13. Baby Don’t Cry – Welcome to Wherever You Are
14. Beautiful Girl - Welcome to Wherever You Are
15. Not Enough Time - Welcome to Wherever You Are
16. Never Tear Us Apart – Live Baby Live
17. This Time – Live Baby Live
18. The Stairs – Live Baby Live
19. It Takes a New Sensation – INXS vs. Rob Base
20. Intergalactic (Soulwax Remix) – Beastie Boys vs. Herbie Hancock vs. INXS vs. AC/DC

3 comments:

  1. Scooter:
    I too was (still am) a huge INXS fan. Still have three INXS stubs from the mid-eighties. No one will replace Micheal Hutchence, but you gotta feel for the other band members who just want to keep playing music. The contestants are all actually pretty talented .

    Check out my blog sometime at

    www.lolipopculture.blogspot.com

    Ciao -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no problem with the guys performing, I just wish they wouldn't have done it this way. Had they gone the AC/DC route and pick a sound-a-like, or do a Van Hager and hired an established singer, I wouldn't had minded that much. But doing a reality show almost ten after the fact just strikes me wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Scooter. Michael Hutchence will never be replaced. I met the group sans Michael obviously and they were really great guys and a lot of fun. I feel bad for them, but, yeah, they should have done it another way.

    ReplyDelete