Sunday, July 31, 2022

57 Channels and Only This Is On: July 31, 2022

  

Westworld:  There seemed to be some debate on whether Christina was human or robot, but if she is controlling humans with her mind, she has to be a robot.  So I guess that means that Charlotte, who is just a clone brain ball of Delores, created someone who looks like her, reprogrammed her into Christina, but still put Delores’ memories in deep down, because Teddy (presumably sent by Bernard) seems like her is getting her to access them.  That is Bond villain level dumb plan.  Why doesn’t Chorlotte, who is Delores on the inside, just put herself in Delores’ body?

 

The Chi:  When did Emmitt and Trig become cards buddies?  I do not even remember them ever sharing a scene before this.  But there goes Emmitt’s celibacy, the under was easy money.

 

In the Dark:  When the boys were thinking of a place to stay, that made me wonder, just what happened to Guiding Hope?  While I guess Felix stopped paying the electricity bill on account he does not have any money left, but that is at least a place with a roof to stay.  I also got a strong feeling that grandma’s money might be coming from the drug trade and she will end up being at the top of the food chain.

 

Only Murders in the Building:  When we saw the guy in the diner with Will last week, I thought, that kind of has the shape of Will. When we saw the guy on the subway, I thought, that kind of has the shape of Will. But if Will is the one texting Oliver the video of Mabel stabbing Glitter Guy, that is probably, most definitely, not him. So who kind of has the same shape as Will? Well, his possible half-brother Theo. There is also Howard who is the person I first thought of when we saw the guy in the Arconia walls with Lucy. Which of these two would most likely text Oliver and Charles to get out of the building, but would also want to get any evidence of the murder? I wonder if Theo, who we know knows about secret passage ways, saw Bunny with Mabel, contacted the police then texted the other two.

I have never really thought Alice was the killer, maybe she was involved in art theft, but that was some psycho level stuff she was doing there. She may not be at the top of my murder board yet, but she moved much higher after this episode.

Then I was wondering after her reappearance this week, how many seasons does this show have to go before Saz is the victim?

But if I had only one word to sum of this episode, it would be: Soup!

 

Motherland: Fort Salem:  I am surprised everyone split up this week, especially Tally who went the completely different direction as everyone else.  Just how long is she going to stay on the West Coast with just four episodes left?

 

The Challenge: USA:  You gotta love a good comeuppance story, and even though I did not watch Big Brother, I do appreciate Alyssa finally got get revenge on Xander.  But really, what a dumb strategy to break all the glass.  That ended up being a 28 seconds penalty once you factor in the time it took the other team to finish, plus their much shorter penalty.  How did someone with such a short fuse win Big Brother?

 

Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin:  Well that was a flaming pile of hot garbage.  And I do not mean that in a good way.  It is clearly just IP fraud where someone came up with a generational slasher idea for a show called “Original Sin” and some executive at HBO Max said, what if we make the slasher a texter, call them “A,” and set it in Millwood?  But apparently Millwood high is a performing arts school that has film and ballet classes.  I know the original show was not high art, but the remake is so bad.  The physiological terror was an interesting take on the dawn of texting that did not take itself too seriously, but this new series is dead set on being serious, sucked all the humor out of the air and does not realize that slasher films do not translate to television because you can only kill so many people.  And I am not expecting them to be Meryl Streep, but the acting is so bad especially Imogen (give that girl a nickname quick) who routinely seems to forget she is supposed to be playing a pregnant lady. Since the show seems extremely predictable, it seems obvious to me that A is really Karen (a name way too on the nose, even though she turned out to be more likeable than the other girls on the show) and Kelly is actually the dead twin.  But on the bright side, at least they kept the theme music, though a crappier version.  Here is my way too early Pretty Little Liars Power Ranking:

1) Noa

2) Karen/Kelly

3) Faren

4) Mouse

5) Imogen

6) Tabby (seriously, enough with the movie references every time she opens her mouth)

 

The Resort:  Well that was weird.  But I feel like maybe it would have been better had it been weirder.  Usually with mystery shows like this, I have big predictions to make, but it does not feel like there is anything to predict other than they are both alive, but I am not entirely sure why I would predict that.  I wonder if I would like it more if it was longer.  When I see 35 minute run times, I guess I expect it to be funnier than it is.

 

Players:  I would be fine if this show does not be renewed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment