Sunday, February 20, 2022

57 Channels and Only This Is On: January 20, 2022

 

Billions:  Finally a cameo I recognize.  Though if this season is about the Olympics, why bring in a college basketball coach?  Where are the Olympics?  Michael Phelps?  Carl Lewis?  Simone Biles?     But that running total of expenses was extremely cheesy and I have to wonder why it took six seasons to do that?


Are they finally going to give Sacker a storyline?  I feel like everyone I feel like mentioning her, I have to look up her name, she has been that insignificant.  Everyone under Chuck always have except when the one guy went after him yet Bobby always had people under him who seemed integral to the plot.  I wonder if she has a play separate from Chuck and Prince.  Everyone always has their own play, this is Billions.  I guess we just have to wait to see what that is.

 

Snowpiercer:  We have not seen Melanie this season and she was absent for most of the second half of last season, and now she is just haunting everyone.  They never found her body, will we actually see her alive again?  She cannot possibly be at the Horn of Africa where they are traveling to, can she?    They seem to be going further and further from where she was last seen so it does not seem they will be back her way anytime soon.

 

Pam & Tommy:  There was a scene in Wayne’s World where the titular character went to a gas station and when interacting with the attendant there, broke the fourth wall and said he knew that this was a small part, but couldn’t they have gotten a better actor for the part.  The joke was, they swapped out that actor with Charlton Heston.  I thought of this scene when Tommy confronted Third Eye Blind.  I was expecting fireworks considering the lead singer is as big a douchebag as Tommy Lee, but they cast some bland actor who could not have been a more boring, non-descript white dude.    Meh.  But I will say, this episode sucked the least.  I had a big laugh at Nikki Sixx reading the newspaper.  Like that ever happened.

 

Single Drunk Female:  Why do so many employees at that grocery store wear tank tops under their work aprons?  Especially since I believe the most recent episode took place in April.  I am not sure I am returning to a store like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment