Sunday, August 08, 2021

57 Channels and Only This Is On: August 7, 2021


The White Lotus:  There are fewer things I need to see in my life than seeing a dude go to town on another dude’s backside.  I get everyone has their own fetish, but that just seems very unsanitary.  Maybe I would be up for it is she showers first, but even then it would have to be requested by someone way out of my league.  Now I am having trouble remembering anything else that happened this week,

 

Kevin Can Fork Himself:  Great concept that just never worked and just fizzled out in the end.  But that is some sitcom level stretch of reality for dude to hear the whole conversation in a closet on the other side of the kitchen that is being taken place in the middle of the living room.  WandaVision did a much better job weaving sitcom troupes into a drama even if the jokes on that show were not particularly funny either.

 

The Chi:   So did the mayor just bolt town?  He does not seem like a guy who would take being blackmailed very lightly especially if that means giving up all that power.  Then after Ronnie getting gunned down at the end of last season, the end of this season seemed very subdued.  It seemed a little weird they lingered on Kevin at the end.  I thought something was going to happen, but it just went to the credits.

 

Black Monday:  Ha, I knew it.  The dead Lehman Brother coming back and killing everyone one made little sense.  Really, the more he kept on talking about revenge, the more I became convinced it was not him.   It ended up being the person I guessed back in episode one and for the exact reason I guessed.  I just did not see Tiff coming back and saving every one even if I was suspicious that she died face down among a bunch of lookalikes.

 

Flatbush Misdemeanor:  This did not really feel like a finale, it seemed like it was more of a penultimate episode and everything with everything going being resolved next week.  But that is it.  I guess they better hope they get renewed.

 

Motherland: Fort Salem:  What a weird reveal to learn Raelle mother was alive at the end of the first season, wait until the second half of the second season to reunite them, and kill the mother off seconds after reuniting.  Although, is she dead?  I am not entirely sure what that black substance is and forget if Raelle got her inability to die from her mother.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment