Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The Twenty-Five Worst Songs of 2019



For the past fifteen years I have been counting down the forty songs that annoy me the most each year. I originally chose that number because of the Top 40 format where most of the songs came with. As the years go by I have been finding it harder and harder to come up with forty songs because I stopped listening to the radio a decade ago as I switched to streaming and podcast when I used to scan the dial so it is just easier to avoid crap. I hear the bad songs once on Spotify's New Music Friday playlist, skip them after five seconds and never think about them again> I believe the worst songs should be ones I can think of off the top of my head so I do not go looking for crap. I saw something called Lil' Dicky on a bunch of worst lists, but I never heard and have no interest in finding out how bad it is. So for the first time, I limited my Worsts Songs of the Year list to twenty-five which may be apropos because most Top 40 radio stations do not even play that many songs nowadays. But here are those songs that did annoy the fork out of me over the past twelve months:

1. Old Town Road - Remix - Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus, Mason Ramsey and Young Thug

2. Old Town Road (Remix) - Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus

3. Old Town Road (Diplo Remix) - Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus

4. Old Town Road - Lil Nas X

5. Old Town Toad - Soul Town Road Remix - Lil Nas X featuring RM of BTS

6. Baby Shark - Pink Fong

7. Cattitude - Miley Cyrus featuring RuPaul

8. No Guidance - Chris brown featuring Drake

9. Into the Unknown - Panic! At the Disco

10. Dumb Blonde - Avril Lavigne featuring Nicki Minaj

11. Hell Right - Blake Shelton featuring Trace Atkins

12. Going Bad - Meek Mill featuring Drake

13. I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran featuring Justin Beiber

14. Senorita - Camila Caballo and Shawn Mendez

15. Sunflower - Post Malone and Swae Lee

16. Sweet But Psycho - Ava Max

17. Wobble Up - Chris Brown featuring Nicki Minaj and G-Eazy

18. Clap Back - Iggy Azalea

19. Knockin Boots - Luke Bryan

20. Panini - Lil Nas X

21. Light It Up - Marshmello featuring Chris Brown

22. If I Can’t Have You - Shawn Mendez

23. Memories - Maroon 5

24. Beautiful - Bazzi featuring Camila Cabello

25. Closed on Sunday - Kanye West

No comments:

Post a Comment