Sunday, April 15, 2018

57 Channels and Only This Is On: 4/15/2018




Homeland: How profound that the president says she is turning into the person her detractors says she is. Maybe that is the overarching theme to this season. But poor Carrie, relegated to “Useful Idiot.” Sure horrible parent definitely (wait, did she run over Frannie or not). The senator makes sense because all of ours seem like partisan hacks that are quick to say anything they think will help their side or hurt the other. But, c’mon, just how easy was it for the Russian to get into the hospital? After these people were able to extract Simone, how do you not beef up presence at the hospital? How could you not at least have someone right outside the room?

The Walking Dead: Meh, I thought Simon was a much better villain than Negan. They killed off the wrong bad guy.
You can download The Walking Dead on iTunes.

Billions: Well Chuck’s buddy turned on him pretty quickly. I wonder if Chuck accounted for that or not. Chuck was quick to end the conversation after his buddy said that would be the last time they talked after it was over. And just what will Connelly do with that information? He almost got turned by Bobby in the first season, could he be the next to turn on Chuck?

Good Girls: I wonder a what point the “Good Girls” decide to cut their losses because they just seem to dig themselves a bigger hole every week, now being blackmailed monthly. Oh wait, they cannot because there would be no show.
You can download Good Girls on iTunes.

Rise: So Simon did not even last an episode at the private school? I guess that was longer than I thought, I did not think he would make it there. And what was with the hissy fit his father threw when he gave in? I hope the season does not end with him enjoying the musical.
You can download Rise on iTunes.

The Challenge: Vendettas: The was complete and utter bullshirt. Not only that but this was the second straight season they had a second Reunion show where they announce the winner.
You can download The Challenge: Vendettas on iTunes.

The Looming Tower: The biggest problems with historical shows are that they are easily spoiled by Wikipedia. And when I started watching this show I did not even go to Wikipedia for spoilers, I just wanted to see what John O’Neil’s official title was. And there I saw his death was dated 9/11/2001. Oops. I stopped reading there so I did not know how exactly he died. To leave the FBI to take a job as head of security of the World Trade Center was really tragic. But that was a weird chose of editing of the show. They started off with more time spent in the 2004 hearing than the previous episodes before, but then end with the exact same hearing but the real people. I wonder if we are just going to get stock footage in the finale.
You can stream The Path Hulu.

Survivor: Ghost Island: I routinely peruse Twitter during ad breaks and one Tweet that caught my eye was someone asking for the number of Idols played setting the number at 1.5. I had to reply over because after everyone but Dominick and Wendell went to “get water” they would have to play their Idols. Then Chris would be stupid not to play his. Michael may even play his out of fear.

I was shocked that Wendell saved his and it turns out Chris is just that stupid. I guess I should have figured that by risking his vote at Ghost Island. Sure the first guess is just fifty-fifty but there is only a twenty-five percent chance of guessing right twice in a row. And just how stupid do you have to be to have someone gunning for you, risk your vote for an extra day to use your Idol. Take the Idol and vote and use them both. How many Idols were at Ghost Island because people held on to them too long?
You can download Survivor: Ghost Island on iTunes.

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: I wonder if the near miss with the robots will scare Simmons or embolden her thoughts of invincibility even more. I still think the more invincible they think they are, the more likely one of them dies. I can totally see Fitz sacrificing himself thinking he has to make it out alive, only to die but only to find out Simmons is already pregnant so no need for him to be around. That would worry me. But Daisy showed exactly why she deserved the Destroyer of Worlds treatment because she wiped the floor with Ruby in pretty short order.
You can download Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment