Monday, May 09, 2016

I Want My Music Videos: 5/9/16





Burn the Witch - Radiohead


Paranoid Android was one of the weirdest music video ever to get heavy rotation on MTV. MTV may not actually play videos much anymore unless you happen to be awake in the middle of the night (though they have constantly been airing some in the morning recently, sure the videos they show suck, but hey, it is a start), but Radiohead continues to put out weird stuff. Burn the Witch looks like the kind of stop-motion animation we see every Christmas (minus the snow) but more warped.


Daydreaming - Radiohead


And if that was not enough Radiohead for you, the band released another video last week, this time with Thom York randomly walking through doors. Not as creative as stop-motion animation but equally as deep, or so my pretentious friends tell me.


Crown – Run the Jewels


Those Radiohead videos were cool and all but, Run The Jewels may hve released the best video of the year, a 360 degree video which you can rotate with your mouse. Okay, there was a learning curve because the first time I watch, I spent half the video rotating their shoes before I figured I could move the camera up.


100x – Tegan and Sara


Tegan and Sara were indie darlings for years before going ultra-pop on their last album which even garnered their first legitimate hit. They have a new album coming out that is sticking with that euro-trash pop type sound. Two weeks ago they released Boyfriend which I was pretty meh on. Same with U-Turn that came out last week. They dropped a third video this weekend and I am still pretty bored with the actual music, but c’mon, the video features windblown puppies. Though dying the one’s ears blue was a step too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment