Monday, January 25, 2016

I Want My Movie Trailers: 1/25/16



Suicide Squad


I know we are still in the first month of the year, but I am ready to call this the best trailer of 2016 which is saying a lot because I still really dislike Jared Leto's Jack Kevorian meets a drunk spring breaker version of The Joker. It is amazing that this is taking place in the same universe as the upcoming Superman v Batman movie that keeps dropping bland trailer after bland trailer. Maybe DC should just give up on building up the Justice League and focus on making Sucide Squad movies. I would much rather see a Harley Quinn stand alone movie than Wonder Woman (which dropped unimpressive footage last week too) and really every other Justice Leaguer stand alone supposedly coming over the next five years. Really the only thing that may save the DC universe is if the Suicide Squad goes rouge and is who the Justice League battles in their team up movie. Well that and Black Manta in Aquaman. Sure the recent announcement of Amber Heard as Hera is cool and all, she looks good in swimwear and all, but where is the Black Manta casting news? Here is hoping Common, who is currently cast in an unknown role in Suicide Sqaud turns out to be Black Manta.


Neighbors 2


Yeah the Neighbors 2 trailer looks like it will suffer from the Die Hard 2 Syndrome (how can the same thing happen to the same guy twice?) but there are plenty of funny bits in the trailer (old people phone... ha) though it would not be the first comedy whose only funny bits show up in the trailer. Granted I am not entirely sure about sexy soroitity Hit Girl; Selena Gomez on the other hand, yes please.


10 Cloverfield Lane


After the series finale of Lost I went on a strict no JJ Abrams diet. So naturally I skipped Cloverfield and had every intention of not watching the sequel, well that was until I happened upon the trailer. Sign me up for any movie that which features Ramona Flowers and Dan Conner playing Life.


The Nice Guys


He was great in Crazy Stupid Love so it is nice to see Ryan Gosling embrace his funny side lately between this and The Big Short.

No comments:

Post a Comment