Monday, October 21, 2013

I Want My Music Television: 10/21/13


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Gorilla – Bruno Mars


I probably do not give Bruno Mars enough credit because I find the majority of his music bland and I really only have room for one animal sex song on in my library and that slot goes to Closer, but I have to take this time to thank him for casting Freda Pinto in his latest music video.


Submarines – The Lumineers


When I saw the dude drink the submarine, I could not help think of the scene in Poltergeist (or maybe one of the many sequels) where the dude drank the demon worm in the bottle of Tequila and very bad things started to happen to him. Thanks The Lumineers, now I will not be able to sleep again for days. I just got over watching that scene as a child.


If I Loved You – Delta Rae


C’mon chick from Delta Rae, you cannot just walk out on a dude after you get a puppy with him. That is just bad form.


Let Me Go - Avril Lavigne featuring Chad Kroeger


It was weird enough to hear Avril Lavigne and the dude from Nickelback got married and he was going to produce her latest album, but did they really need to record a song and creepy video together?

No comments:

Post a Comment