Monday, February 25, 2013

I Want My Music Television - 2/25/13


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


When I Was Your Man - Bruno Mars


Didn’t Bruno Mars already do the filmed on seventies film look for the Locked Out of Heaven video? I guess he is going for a whole motif for the videos off the album.


3AM - Kate Nash


The first album Kate Nash released was full of ultra catchy snarky pop songs, but lately she has gone all Riot Grrrl, which the fifteen year old version of myself may have liked (he still wears his Bikini Kill t-shirt every once in a while), but I much liked the original. It does sound like she is going back with the release of the first single off her next album, which even lifts the “Girl” character name from the Pumpkin Soup video.


Candles In the Sun - Miguel


I much prefer Miguel when he is in baby making mood (this is certainly no Sign 'O' the Times or even Money Don't Matter 2 Night) but the video is beautifully shot.


Tonight I’m Getting Over You - Carly Rae Jepsen


This month’s installment of Carley rae Jepsen: One Hit Wonder? We get our first look of grown up Carly, singing about getting drunk, wearing skimpy clothes in the bathtub, and laying on a shirtless dude, which is a little creepy considering you could have told me she was as young as fourteen when I first saw Call Me Maybe. As for this being the song that lifts her from one hit wonderdom (depending on how you rule Good Time as being a hit for her or not), much like the four previous singles, I am guessing no; the chorus is the same annoying dance beat in every other song for the past two years and I doubt people want grown up Carly.

No comments:

Post a Comment