Monday, July 30, 2012

I Want My Music Television - 7/30/12


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

Runaways - The Killers




I wonder if their record company does not have much faith in the new The Killers album because their first video from their Battle Born looks very low budget. At any rate, it certainly needs more Eric Roberts.


Good Time – Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen



When Owl City teams up with Carly Rae Jepsen it is hard not to wonder what the ruling for duets when it comes to one hit wonders? Does just Owl City get credited as a hit or do both of them? If both, does that make Trey Lorenz a one hit wonder? Hopefully this does not become a hit so we do not have to worry about figuring it out.


Bottom of the River – Delta Rae



As I mentioned a couple days ago, Delta Rae may just be my new favorite new band, and the video that accompanies their song is awesomely creepy. I have watched it way too many times just to see where the shackles come off.


Laura – Bat for Lashes



Speaking of creepy, creepy is the only thing Bat for Lashes does and her new song video continues that. Even if she looks like she looks like she is morphing into Norah Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment