Monday, April 16, 2012

The Voice Sweet Sixteen Power Rankings


The eliminations of the first round of the Live Show pretty much when exactly how I thought with the exception of Charlotte Sometimes, who I thought was going to be Blake’s finalist, was not only not saved by America but was not even saved by Blake. It is official, America really hates New Jersey hard right now. I guess it was a good thing Chris Christie did not run for president this year. But anyway. The Sweet Sixteen starts tonight and here is my Power Ranking for the contestants still remaining (change since the Top 24 Power Rankings in parentheses).

Lindsey Pavao singing Somebody That I Used to Know on The Voice1. Lindsey Pavao (+1)

2. Mathai (+3)

3. Jesse Campbell (-2)

4. Jamar Rogers (+3)

5. Ashley De La Rosa (+6)

6. Jermaine Paul (-3)

7. Juliet Simms (+5)

Mathai singing Ordinary People on The Voice8. RaeLynn (+5)

9. Tony Lucca (-5)

10. Erin Willett (+8)

11. Katrina Parker (-1)

12. Cheesa (+2)

13. Chris Mann (+3)

14. Pip (+1)

15. Jordis Unga (+1)

16. James Massone (+7)

And even though the coaches will not be going head to head until the finals, here is how the teams stack up against each other if you have one point for the worst singer and sixteen to the best.

1. Christina (46)
2. Adam (32)
3. Cee-Lo (29)
4. Blake (29)

It looks like The Voice is switching things up yet again introducing Instant Eliminations starting Monday where each coach will have to dump one of their contestants at the end of the show. It should be interesting if anyone eliminated ends up being the highest selling artist from the show on iTunes on Tuesday. So let me go ahead and prematurely predict that Blake Shelton will let Jordis go and in a shocker Christina Aguilera chooses to let Chris go instead of Ashley. Then next week will be a sad day for the monosyllabic as Cheesa and Pip are let go. And since I am in the prediction mode, here is who I think will be in the Elite Eight (America’s Vote in bold): RaeLynn, Jermaine, Lindsey, Jesse, Juliette, Jamar, Tony, Mathai.

Scooter Update: Wow, I did not see Christina giving Jesse the boot. After her versatility comment I was convince she would let go of Chris because he is a bit of a bore and his version of Viva La Vida just did not work. Even with a weak performance I still think Lindsey will get the Viewer Save and without Jesse around Christina will save Ashley. I will stick with my original thoughts on Team Blake. To vote for the remaining contestants via iTunes, click their names above to be taken to the iTunes page. Ashley really is the only one I am considering buying from tonight.

I may or may not update this space with thoughts on who and who not should advance in this space after the shoe airs. Until then, here is a video rundown of who is part of the Sweet Sixteen:



No comments:

Post a Comment