Wednesday, February 08, 2012

I Want My Music Television - 2/8/12


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

Gold on the Ceiling – The Black Keys



Why are The Black Keys not having their record release party in Akron? Seriously, Northeast Ohio just sat through another painful football season and you guys are all we have to get behind at this point. Come back home boys.


Beekeeper’s Daughter – The All-American Rejects



The latest video from The All-American Rejects reminds me of the old McG directed music videos from the late nineties which were heavy on dance sequences, all that is missing is brighter colors.


Calling Me Names – Good Old War



I like how Good Old War keyed us in on how they got their name; I would have guessed it came from the bandmate’s name. And the song is just pure bouncy fun.


Sense - Amanda Mair



Those crazy Swedes are at it again exporting yet another absurdly catchy pop singer. Just do not hold it against the seventeen year old Amanda Mair that she prefers the Spice Girls over Kate Bush because do not pretend like you do not have Wannabe on your iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment