Thursday, January 19, 2012

I Want My Music Television - 1/19/12


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

Tattoo - Van Halen



This may be one of the saddest comebacks in recent memory. The song is kind of lame and the music video even lamer (c’mon Van Halen, just because you made the exact same video twenty-eight years ago does not make it all right because you made this one in black and white). Maybe Michael Anthony should be happy he got booted out of the band for Eddie’s son so he did not have to taint his legacy.


Everybody Talks (Animated Version) - Neon Trees



I wonder if it says anything about me that when the Ouija Board started to spell H*E*L my first thought was the spirit was writing “Help”? But Neon Trees seems like one of those bands, had they came out a decade earlier would have been huge thanks to a McG assisted video.


Bruises – Band of Skulls



It is about time someone made an epic bowling video featuring suit wearing Luchadores. Thank you Band of Skulls.


In the End - Snow Patrol



Snow Patrol should be a little worried because they are maybe one or two more flops away from being a on a dancing show themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment