Sunday, January 08, 2012

57 Channels and Only This Is On - 1/8/12


Leverage: Take out the ego and hubris, it would be nice if a couple other the other members take the lead every once in a while. But how Nate undermined Hardison, I have a feeling we will not be seeing that anytime soon.
You can stream recent episodes on TNT.tv. You can also download Leverage on iTunes.

Pretty Little Liars: Seriously, the Liars have A cornered and no one thinks to shine a flashlight in his or her face? Hrumph. And I saw Emily playing turncoat a mile away; that was one of the worst catfights I have ever seen.
You can stream recent episodes on Hulu. You can also download Pretty Little Liars on iTunes.

The Lying Game: Did the writers pull a fast one on them. I have no desire to look it up, but I could have sworn they had us believe earlier that the twins’ birth mother and Char’s aunt was the same person. Then Cordilia Chase shows up this week as Char’s aunt named Annie but not the same last name as the birth mother. Oh yeah, and she wants to be called Rebecca now. Huh?
You can stream recent episodes on Hulu. You can also download The Lying Game on iTunes.

Work It: I was not expecting Tom Hanks quality or even Peter Scolari, but wow was the acting on the show extremely bad. But I am not ke$hamed to admit that I still laughed harder and more often than a bunch of highly touted pretentious comedies currently on air.
You can stream recent episodes on Hulu. You can also download Work It on iTunes.

Parenthood: Awe road trip. I have long called Parenthood “Blue State Friday Night Lights” and all the lingering shots of the landscape was clearly right out of the FNL playbook.
You can stream recent episodes on Hulu. You can also download Parenthood on iTunes.

Suburgatory: Chuck did it a couple weeks ago and it is nice to see shows are embracing the pixilated nudity for comedic effect. And thankfully there was pixilation in this sauna fight scene unlike Eastern Promises which I presume was they were making an homage to.
You can stream recent episodes on Hulu. You can also download Suburgatory on iTunes.

Revenge: Even thought I hated Tyler, and probably not even in the way the show wanted me too, I really loved his concept of “Truth or Die”. It is a shame no one got to play before his brother interrupted things. I would have liked to see a couple people being forced to play before he was taken away.
You can stream current episodes on Hulu. You can also download Revenge on iTunes.

Chuck: I like how Casey called out Chuck for not getting of Sarah blatantly obvious pregnancy hints because for the first half of the episode I kelp yelling at the television that no one noticed that she had morning sickness and avoided alcohol.
You can stream current episodes on Hulu. You can also download Chuck on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment