Thursday, May 20, 2010

Scooter's Fall 2010 Television Schedule


It seems like I say this every year, but I cannot said I am that excited with any of the new shows the networks have to offer this year. Of course looking back to last year, Modern Family and Community delivered some decent laughs (especially the former) and Parenthood lived up to its pedigree. Though you may have to look to cable to find the best new show of the last year, Justified. Here the shows recently announced that I am most looking forward to (granted most are slated for midseason which tends not to be a good sign for longevity).

1. No Ordinary Hero (Tuesdays at 8:00) – You would think the Heroes debacle would keep me away from a show that already featured a guy who ruined The Thing, but it does come from the guy who gave us Everwood and Eli Stone.

2. (Tie) Mr. Sunshine and Next (both midseason): Both star comedy gold of decades past, Matthew Perry as a sports arena manager and Paul Reiser apparently playing himself. But I have a bone to pick with the promo going around where he says he only gets noticed as the dude from Mad About You, c’mon, I will always remember his as the neurotic half of My Two Dads (and if we are remaking every eighties television show, how about that one, or will no one get by the easy DNA issues at the heart of the show?).

3. Better Together (Wednesdays at 8:30) – Time for an admission, I actually enjoyed Committed which I think lasted a month on NBC a couple years back where Jennifer Finnigan and Josh Cooke played mentally unstable potential companions with Tom Poston living in the closet. Now the duo is back (sans Poston in a closet) for another comedy round. It may last just as long, but I’ll be watching.

4. Outsourced (Thursdays at 9:30): If done right, this will hopefully be the feel good racist comedy of the year.

5. (tie) Perfect Couples and Friends with Benefits (both midseason) – Sure they look like your typical situation comedies, but one has Olivia Munn and the other has Dick Casablancas (albeit with very WASPy hair).

Here is a full rundown of the shows I plan to be watching next fall with CBS really testing my limits with all its changes (I hate change so much I refused to vote for Barack Obama because of it, not that I would boycott my first Russell-free Survivor in a year because of it).

Mondays
8:00 – Chuck
8:00 – How I Met Your Mother
9:00 – The Event (Maybe, depends how much Lost leaves a bad taste in my mouth)
10:00 – Castle

Tuesdays
8:00 – No Ordinary Hero
10:00 - Parenthood

Wednesdays
8:00 – Survivor
8:30 - Better Together
9:00 – Modern Family

Thursdays
8:00 – The Big Bang Theory
8:00 - Community
9:30 – Outsourced

Friday, Saturday and Sunday

I got nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment