Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Want My Music Television vol. LXXVII


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Window Seat - Erykah Badu



Yes this is the video that has had the internets all a flutter the last couple days. Yes it draws a thin line between “Inspired by” and “Completely rip off.” Yes it pretty offensive. Yes it is a little offensive. But hats off to Erykah Badu for getting the entire internet, including myself, to post it.


Stop for a Minute – Keane and K’Naan



Even though we have not even reached April yet, I think we can go ahead and call the race for most random collaboration of 2010 and declare Keane and K’Naan the winner.


Soundtrack 2 My Life – Kid Cudi




Meet Me in the Sky – Bone Thugs-N-Harmony



Bone Thugs-N-Harmory won the Most Random Collaberation a few years back when they teamed up with Phil Collins (no, seriously). And it hard to hate on Kid Cudi when he is making Charles in Charge references, but I am not sure what it says about my hometown that the two rap artist that come from my area are Bone, who no one can understand (and should have stopped with Tha Crossroads when it came to a memorial song), and Cudi, who brought emo-rap to the mainstream. Yep, that pretty much sums up Cleveland.

No comments:

Post a Comment