Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I Want My Music Television vol. LXXII


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


On to the Next One – Jay-Z featuring Swiss Beatz



Pretty wise of Jay-Z to debut a video called On to the Next One as the first of the decade. But dude sure likes his black and white videos just like his last one. No comment on all the weird vinaigrettes aside from following up the Obama line with a picture of a crucifix and bullets.


Skeletons – The Yeah Yeah Yeahs



On to the next artsy video, this time courtesy of The Yeah Yeah Yeahs. But the video does fit the song very well.


Dreamer – K’naan



K’naan landed three songs on my Best Songs of 2009 list and it looks like he may land another one for the 2010 list and maybe be crack the Best Videos list with this one.


I’ll Never Let You Go – Flavor Flav



So this Flavor Flav video happened. If Jay-Z wasn’t able to kill auto-tune, this song may inadvertently do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment