Monday, October 19, 2009

I Want My Music Television vol. LXVI


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Who Says – John Mayer



I wasn’t too fond when I first heard the new John Mayer song. It just sounded like a mash up of Stop This Train and In Your Atmosphere. And I still pretty much still feel that way but then I discovered the lyric “It’s been a long time since twenty-two” which has hit a little close to home lately. And if I do my math correctly, twenty-two is around the time he sang about wanting to ruin through the halls of his high school.


Fifteen – Taylor Swift



Speaking of songs that take you back to a certain age, so does the new Taylor Swift. But for me it isn’t back to time the title refers to but back to eighteen when I was a senior trying to pick up those freshmen girls. Fun times.


Meet Me on the Equinox – Death Cab for Cutie



I am thinking it may not be a coincidence that this is one of the worst songs Death Cab for Cutie considering what it was written for.


How bout Dat – Method Man and Redman



With songs like this it makes you wish Method Man and Redman would hook up more than once a decade for a joint album.

No comments:

Post a Comment