Thursday, April 23, 2009

I Want My Music Television vol. IL


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


I Could Break Your Heart any Day of the Week - Mandy Moore



I would have loved to be in the pitch meeting with Chuck Liddell. “Alright Chuck, you walk in then Mandy Moore flashes you then kicks you in the manhood area.” I have a feeling Chuck stopped listening after “Mandy Moore flashes you.”


I Do Not Hook Up – Kelly Clarkson



When it comes to songs about chastity, I’ll stick with Jermaine Stewart. But I did laugh a lot when Kelly Clarkson fell off the bar.


It’s Alright, it’s OK – Ashley Tisdale



Speaking of Clarkson, when did Ashley Tisdale turn into her? Not only is the video and song a complete rip off of Since U Been Gone, she even stole her hairstyle from the video. I hope this doesn’t turn out like Michael Jackson trying to turn into Diana Ross. On the bright side, the song is catchier than anything off her first album.


Daniel – Bat for Lashes



Now it is time for the latest indie blogger flavor of the month: Bat for Lashes complete with weird video. But where Feist gave us a cute weird video, this is creepy weird in a I felt like I should take a shower after watching kind of way. With that said, if you can find it, download her cover of Kings of Leon’s Use Somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment