Thursday, September 18, 2008

2008 Fall Television Preview


Yesterday I mad a run down of the music that will fill the fall air this season but today I turn inside to the television that will put me firmly into my couch as the leaves turn colors. Well some of these shows are on a short leach like Gary Unmarried. But no shorter leash than on Heroes which was abysmal last season and the first season was not much better. It does not bodes well that last season I found myself switching over to I Love New York because I was so bored with Heroes. But anyways. Here is what I will be watching, and for the most part, enjoying and their start dates:


Monday
8:00 - The Big Bang Theory; CBS (September 22)
8:00 - Chuck; NBC (September 29)
8:00 - Monday Night Football; ESPN (October 13, November 17, December 15)
8:30 - How I Met Your Mother; CBS (September 22)
9:00 - Heroes; NBC (September 22)


Tuesday
9:00 - Greek; ABC Family (already started)
10:00 - Eli Stone; ABC (October 14)


Wednesday
8:00 - Friday Night Lights; DirecTV (October 1)
8:00 - Pushing Daisies; ABC (October 1)
8:30 - Gary Unmarried; CBS (September 24)
10:00 - Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Island; MTV (already started)
10:00 - South Park; Comedy Central (October 15)


Thursday
8:00 - Survivor: Gabon; CBS (September 25)
8:00 - My Name Is Earl; NBC (September 25)
8:00 - Thursday Night Football; NFL Network (November 6)
9:30 - SNL Weekend Update Thursday; NBC (October 9)


Friday
8:00 - Everybody Hates Chris; The CW (October 3)
9:00 - Ex-List; CBS (October 3)
9:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars; Cartoon Network (October 3)


Sunday
9:00 - I Love Money; VH1 (already started)


Then for the midseason, I will be looking out for Lost, The Goode Family, Cupid and the NBC showing of Friday Night Lights. And specials like Hip Hop Honors on October 7 featuring Cypress Hill, De La Soul, Naughty By Nature, Slick Rick, and Too $hort. And of course the debates between John McCain and Barack Obama on September 26, October 7, and October 15 with Sarah Palin and Joe Biden going at it on October 2. I will also be trying to catch up on the second seasons of Dexter and Big Love as well as the third season of Weeds on DVD.

4 comments:

  1. You switched from Heroes to watch I Love New York?? You must have been really bored...I kept will it because it had Milo Ventimiglia shirtless every episode. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, to be techincal, I switched over to I Love New York solely to see what Midget Mac was doing. When he was uncerimoniously bounced I found myself flipping to Monday Night Football during the boring scenes. I actually despise New York herself.

    Surpisingly a shirtless Milo Ventimiglia doesn't do anything for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no Prison Break ? Michael Scofield is pretty
    cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just don't watch anything on FOX.

    ReplyDelete