Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cause God's Stopped Keeping Score


Due to circumstances out of my control, I have only gotten an hour or two of free time to get on the computer a day for the last couple week. So it was somewhat of a lark that I found this song by Carrie Underwood from Idol Gives Back, which I guess was sometime this week, when I gave a glance over at the iTunes top 25. Possibly my favorite song from a very underrated George Michael record (which begs the question, when is vol 2 of Listen without Prejudice ever going to come out?). And because of the previously mentioned circumstances, the song really hit me so I thought I'd share.

American Idol Gives Back on iTunes

2 comments:

  1. YES.

    This song is simply so incredibly well written.
    Absolutely unbeatable. I hope a lot of people
    (like me) now gives George Michael the credit he truly deserves. I humbly acknowledge that I completely oversaw his genius during his active Year in the 80:s and 90:s.
    When he sang the song himself at the Am.Idol.08 finals this Year - in that very stripped arrangement - it went smack into my heart, I and it goes round and round in my head ever since ...

    / Peter / Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot but wonder who's brilliant idea it was to let Carrie sing it on Idol Gives Back ... ? Could it be herself ?? I would very impressed if that was the case ...

    / Peter / Sweden

    ReplyDelete