Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's March Madness Baby! 2008 Edition


I am optimistic this year about my chances in the March Madness pool (it has been four years since I have won any money) because I think many of my competitors made their picks after ten too many green beers yesterday. Of course the old adage of the person that knows the least is the one that inevitably wins may have helped their picks. But anyways. Here are my (sober) picks for this year:

East
Finals: North Carolina (1) over Louisville (3)
Upset Special: George Mason (12) over Notre Dame (5); St. Joseph’s (11) over Okalahoma (6)

Midwest
Finals: Georgetown (2) over Clemson (5)
Upset Special: (To avoid jinxing my alma mater, I won’t pick Kent State (9) over Kansas (1) in the second round, instead) Davidson (10) over Gonzaga (7)

South
Finals: Texas (2) over Pittsburg (4)
Upset Special: Temple (12) over Michigan State (5)

West
Finals: UCLA (1) over Xavier (3)
Upset Special: I actually went with chalk in bracket except Drake (5) over Connecticut (4) and Xavier (3) over Duke (2) neither of which are much of an upset.

Final Four
North Carolina over Georgetown
UCLA over Texas

Finals
UCLA over North Carolina (72-68)

Scooter Update: While Barack Obama was busy thowing his grandmother under the bus (seriously, who does that?), John McCain was busy filling out his brakets and you can play against him over at his website johnmccain.com and you can even win a McCain fleece, hat or pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment