Monday, August 27, 2007

Reaper in Under Five Minutes


Reaper has been one of those shows that the more I learn about it the less interested I become. Hearing that Kevin Smith was directing the pilot first got excited for it. Then when I saw a picture of the lead characters in those silly outfits made me hesitate. Then when they switched out the Token Hot Girl with the shape shifter from Heroes I was starting to get discouraged. Then last week I mentioned that I saw a five minute synopsis of Reaper I lost all interest in see the show in its entirety.

Of course whoever saw that post just had to take my word for it, but since then and today Blogger has added the ability to upload video, so here now, courtesy of The CW, is that five minutes I saw so you can see for yourself if I was correct in saying the show, "looks like it has not decided if it wants to rip off Ghostbusters or Army of Darkness more (but fails to do either very well)." Be warned, major plot points from the first episode are revealed within the promo below so watch at your own risk of being spoiled. Reaper premieres Tuesday September 25 at 9:00 on The CW.



I wonder if the dog abuse scene will be cut by the time the episode airs.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm so unbelievably unimpressed by that promo. Thanks man. I owe you one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, we can talk about what you can do for me at a later date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I have to concede to your point about 'Ghostbusters'. I saw it with the way he collects the escaped souls but I hadn't thought about the outfits. Ha.

    This promo is actually pretty much the entire episode and it's actually better than the episode. Like I watch it and wish that the episode had moved this quick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feared that this was basically the best parts of the episode, I gave an outside chance that it was the CW promo department messing up again. But if this is the best the show has to offer, I'm skipping it.

    ReplyDelete