Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Baby You Can't Drive My Car


Eddie Griffin and his carThe first thing I do when I fire up my computer everyday is check out my Bloglines subscriptions and very rarely is there a title that makes me laugh, but when I opened up my ESPN there was the headline Comedian Griffin Wrecks $1.5M Ferrari at Track. Why I found this funny, I’m not sure, but at least he wasn’t hurt so I really didn’t have to feel bad for laughing. But the humor doesn’t stop there, if you open the story, the big block quote for the article is Eddie Griffin saying, “Undercover Brother's good at karate and all the rest of that, but the brother can't drive.” Whenever anyone evokes the third person about themselves is comic gold, and is the may reason why I voted for Bob Dole, but Griffen brought out the unprecedented talking about himself in the third person using a past character. Scooter McGavin thinks that’s brilliant.

In the article, it was also mentioned that there was video footage showing the Ferrari Enzo crashing into a barricade, and Scooter McGavin thought to himself, “Please, oh, please let this footage be on YouTube. Low and behold after Scooter McGavin searched for it, there it was.





And as an added bonus, here’s another of Scooter McGavin’s favorite in recent memory with Peyton Manning’s United Way commercial from the most recent Saturday Night Live. Scooter McGavin’s favorite part is when he uses a kid to pick up a chick. Reportedly during the dress rehearsal, Manning took a stab at Tom Brady when a heckler said Brady had two more rings than him which Manning responded that rings aren’t the only thing Brady will have two more of (as in illegitimate kids). Hopefully that shows up on YouTube sometime, until then here’s the United Way sketch:




No comments:

Post a Comment