Saturday, January 20, 2007

Public Service Announcement


Ladies and gentlemen, well, mostly this is for you ladies out there, there is a grown problem that has been plaguing our nation in recent months: chicks with uber-bangs. Some once hot chicks have for some reason have got caught spotting this trend and have become instantly unattractive. Recent causalities include:


Alicia Keys

Alicia Keys


The Asian Chick From Lost

Yunjin Kim


Reece Witherpoon

Reese Witherspoon


and even Kristen Bell

Krisen Bell



In fact I was recently talking to my mother about the midseason finale of Veronica Mars and she told me, “I know why Logan broke up with Veronica.” Why? “Her new haircut.” Yes ladies, sporting bangs like these are break-up-able offence. So don’t do it. And it’s not even hot chick that are doing it, some ugly chicks have been seen sporting theuber-bangs but only look uglier than they did before much like:


Gwen Stefani

Gwen Stefani


as well as the very manish Fergie




Somehow even newcomers have gotten jobs with this horrible trend much like:


Coach Taylor's Kid

Coach Taylor's daughter


and Jennylee from Beauty and the Geek

Jennylee from Beauty and the Geek


I’m not entirely sure where the trend started, all I know that it needs to stop now. If I wanted to look at chicks with bangs, I’d open up my Middle School yearbook. If you look in the mirror and cannot see your either of your eyebrows, it is time to try something different. If you were thinking of emulating one of your favorite stars that are doing it, don’t. Seriously ladies, dudes don’t like the look, other females are mocking you, and it’s time to put an end to the uber-bangs and only you can stop it. This has been a public service announcement from Scooter McGavin.

5 comments:

  1. ::looks around nervously:: I was just considering getting bangs cut back into my extremely long hair with long layers. Not for trends sake but because I think I look better with bangs. What would you suggest in lieu of bangs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think bangs are fine if styled properly. Bangs that hang over the forehead flatly are downright trashy looking. Hopefully, the Jersey girl hairspray/ironed flipped bangs will not come back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiggerprr: I'm not saying all bangs styles are bad, just what I have described above as the uber-bangs. Just as long as the bangs aren't so long that they completely cover your eyebrows and start impairing your site nor completely bunched together that you can't see any part of your forehead, you should be fine.

    Tony: For our sake as well as the Ozone's, I hope the Jersey hair never makes a comeback either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reese actually looks great with hers, but the others...no way!!

    It's so funny because if you asked my husband he would tell you how every time we watch FNL I yell about Coach's daughter and her horrible bangs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie: Reece is boderline, the bangs are still a little long, but she has at least pushed a little to the side so you can still see some of her forhead. I guess I should moverher picture down so she's not the lead picture as the others are definately worse.

    ReplyDelete