Monday, April 10, 2006

Veronica Mars Blogger Press Day Article


I think I look alot better in personBack during the Veronica Mars Blogger Press Day, there was a reporter from the San Diego Union-Tribune that followed us around and she just published an article that talks about the day in a broader article on TV fans that hit the internet to talk about the shows. Okay so I didn’t get a quote, those things happen especially since I really didn’t talk to her that day as I spent most of my time harassing Rob Thomas with my massive amount of questions (see No, Not That Rob Thomas and/or The Mystery That Is Shelly Pomroy), but my peeps over at Give Me My Remote as well as Ducky did. Not that I’m going to suggest a Bostonian bias or anything. Good old Ohio didn’t get a mention at the beginning of her article. Oh well. If you would like to read the article, check out A Shout-Out to Blog Buzz. No word on when or where the pictures that were taken by the official UPN photographer will show up, but I’ll be sure not to keep you updated.

One mistake in the article is that the episode that they were filming the day we were there is not April 18, it is tomorrow as you can see on the marker I’m holding (click to enlarge), it’s episode 18. So make sure you turn in even if you have never seen the show before because, you never know, you just may see me. Now I won’t give you any spoilers of what you can expect tomorrow, but I will share with something you won’t see on the show, most likely ever:


I actually (Heart) Beaver


First let me note if you happen to see this shirt on other sites with some dude standing next to it, that’s totally not me. Now this shirt was nixed by the censors over at UPN because it apparently too suggestive, even though they say it would be okay if a chick said, “I love Dick.” If you have a good eye, you could see the replacement t-shirt in the previews for the episode. So for those wondering why there was a spike in the amount of times I pulled out the "I (Heart) Insert Name", this shirt is the reason why. And that isn’t the only problem the censors had with the as when Logan was talking about time in jail earlier this season “Fisty McFist-A-Lot” got nixed even though they said it’s replacement, “Fisty McRapes-A-Lost” was okay to air. Yeah, doesn’t make sense to me either but I though the replacement was funnier anyways. And if you member the “Shocker” sign that Veronica tried to flash in the last episode, Rob actually acted out that scene for us while we were on set. I wonder if the censors got wise because they didn’t show Veronica’s hand after Weevil corrected her.

Elsewhere on the Veronica Mars front, if you haven’t done so already, make sure you check out the unofficial VM podcast over at Neptune Pirate Radio. The first episode has some audio problems and is a little long at just over an hour, but is still worth checking out and hopefully any problems get solved by the second episode. Also since I’m one to totally jump on the bandwagon albeit a little late, let me be the last blogger to point you in the direction of USA Today’s Save Our Shows. But I will be the only one that won’t beat you over the head and tell you which ones to keep (for instance Veronica Mars) or drop (for instance One Tree Hill), just to vote you conscience. Make sure you turn in early (say 4:00ish) for my special post tomorrow to celebrate the episode I sat in at and the move to Tuesday. It's a must read before you see the episode. And of couse, my weekly Toss Up with Lost will still be up Thursady. Lastly, here the official press release for tomorrow’s episode:



VERONICA IS HAUNTED BY DREAMS IN WHICH SHE IS CONFRONTED BY THE STUDENTS KILLED IN THE BUS CRASH, ON "VERONICA MARS," ON ITS NEW DAY, TUESDAY, APRIL 11 AT 9:00 PM ON UPN


"I Am God" -- A restless Veronica is plagued by dreams in which the students killed in the bus crash confront her, on VERONICA MARS, on its new day, Tuesday, April 11 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on UPN. Martha Mitchell directed the episode from a script written by Diane Ruggiero and Cathy Belben.

Meanwhile, Logan and Weevil are paired together for a physics project that neither is enthusiastic about, until they discover that their success might help Veronica receive a scholarship. Later, when a large number of students are diagnosed with a medical ailment that gives them the right to postpone school tests and projects, a concerned principal Clemmons hires Keith to investigate the validity of the disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment